Tuesday, August 30, 2011

If I am what I eat, I must be nuts



Well, what a way to end the summer break before heading back to work on Friday. First a check under the hood followed by getting the headlights looked at and then off to have my windows checked. And last, but not least, a brake job. Next up - a check of the exhaust system.
Now, of course, only one of those really IS about a car. The rest? Let's just say I'm in excellent health!
I take my health very seriously, but that doesn't mean I can't lighten things up a bit, now does it? I encourage everyone to make sure you get your checkups and screenings scheduled and done.
I plan on living long enough to become a wrinkly, dried up ol' lady! Not one of those grouchy ones who always complains about her aches and pains and "today's young people". No, sir! I want to take the other path and be one of the old folks everybody loves. Sweet, docile and a joy to be around. That way, if/when I get a little nutty or fart with every step across a crowded room or ask loudly 'what are we doing here?' in the middle of my great grandson's nuptials, people will smile and make sure I am well cared for and just love me.
So if you want to have wheelchair races with me at the old folk's home someday and laugh and giggle our way to the very end, please get your annual gyno/prostate exams, mammograms, eyes checked out and a colonoscopy. And get your brakes done on your car when they need it! What good is excellent health if you can't stop in time?

A healthy attitude is contagious but don’t wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier.

2 comments: