Friday, July 15, 2011

Woop, here it is...

Yep. Middle age. The dreaded 'getting older'. Time for longer sleeves, shorter hair, mental-pause and the drying up of the va-jay-jay. [cue 'record scratch' sound fx here] zzzzzzzzzzzzp!! Or at least that's what my mother's generation and generations before hers would tell me. I am 51. I look ... well ..., that's up to 'the eye of the beholder', I suppose. I feel ageless. If I feel great and look great, why shouldn't I BE great? My husband, Pat, really IS my best friend but Ria is the one close friend I share my deepest, darkest secrets with. We laugh. We run through sprinklers on the golf course. We go pantiless under sundresses. And why not? Life isn't about stages or milestones or changes as much as it is living each day to it's fullest potential. I've heard the now-over-used phrase that when I die I want to go "sliding into homebase", basically saying I'm not going to give into other people's ideas of what my middle aged behavior should be and just sit down and wait it out. I'm going to keep on riding my bike, acting in theatre, laughing - loud and hearty, drinking good wine, enjoying intimacy with Pat, and more.



Clearly, I like quotes, whether they be inspiring, funny, sentimental... and one of my all-time favorites is "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional." I have been saying this for years and I just saw it on a readerboard the other day. Made me smile. And then I took off my panties.
Add Image

5 comments:

  1. Your "bare bottom" inclination is thought-provoking, and I agree whole-heartedly with your philosophy on life at "our" age. I will warn you that sliding into home sans knickers could result in grass stains and/or crack gravel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You absolutely make me tear up my wonderful friend! I love you so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a riot! You just make me smile every day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. try wearing mens' underwear. lots of crotch room and a handy storage pouch for make-up and tic tacs. :D

    Fairy GodMother

    ReplyDelete